Monday, November 28, 2011

COEXIST

About Me:Hi everyone, my name is Bobby Kolesar. I am a Freshmen at Caldwell College. So I have to make this for my Writing Power class. I am of Irish, Hungarian, Lithuanian, German, Scottish, French, Bulgarian, Czech, Slovak, and Native American dissent. I know that is a mouthful, but that's what makes me unique. As a kid I was bullied a lot. None of the kids wanted to be near me, and the school supported that. I feel that these experiences have made me more accepting.
Graffiti on the Berlin Wall.

I want to talk to you about Coexisting in the modern world. Now, whats that supposed to mean? Look at a map of the world. There are about 43 conflicts going on in the world at this time, four of which involve the United States. The U.S. is involved in Afghanistan, Djibouti, Iraq, and the Philippines at the moment. This information is from Global Security Organization, which is not affiliated with any government.(http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/index.html)

The Problem
The problem that I have found is that t he world cannot coexist with each other. I'm not just talking about America and Iraq. Within our towns and cities there are problems as well. Racism, Homophobia, Bullying,  these are all common problems in the world today. I can safely assume anyone who is reading this has experienced at least one of these things within their lives. If not, sorry for assuming.


My Challenge to you
My challenge to you is simple. Next time you see someone being bullied, or someone using racism, or being homophobic, STAND UP. Make a difference for the person who is having this done against them
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." Gandhi


1 comment:

  1. I will do my hardest to accept your challenge Bobby. I hope more people will do the same. On a side note I love how you organized the blog. It was visually appealing as well as an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete